Labels

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Post-Match Conversation with Kathy

“I should say Congratulations. Good luck in the semifinals.”

I felt an intense glare straight into my eyes, and I averted my eyes so I cannot get blinded by the silent fury.


“…Hm, you got lucky.” And she strove out of the arena’s antechamber without a second thought.


Well, it could be worse. I guess her reactions are in my expected range. Actually, this reaction rates rather highly for me. I mean I was not forced to slip away under a constant power of laser-precision and character-piercing leering, which I had learnt to be extremely cautious of. In fact, my loss is a rather grateful and enjoyable situation, despite it is in front of my little sister. Urg…just remembering getting first place on the artifact enhancement project sends a chill through my shoulders.


So, that is the entire conversation I had with Lady Silverstone, Catherine M. Ahnmes, after losing to her in the free-weapon hand-to-hand combat quarter final round of the intermediate Level Academy Comprehensives. She said more to me in that few seconds than all together last week, and just to note:  we saw each other everyday in the Combat Casting class, and she stopped greeting me outside of classes since the second year.


Well, she has the highest score in every Freshmen courses…almost. I had three more points in the Intro to Alchemy, and a grudge thus was born until probably the end of my life, or hers, whichever is earlier.


Either way, if you want to make a character archetype, a tundra character… I guarantee that.


Go back to the match, her halberd had way more range control than my duel-wielding slim saber. I could not do anything unless in close quarters. This time, there was no chance; she kept her calm brilliantly and just chipping the march slowly. The pressure in the begin was rough, I cannot even parry sufficiently to stay harmless. Who thought that girl had THAT much power? Her muscle power and her face are a perfect mismatch. I tell you, even fifth graders can tell that much.


And somehow I forced a draw and she won the judges with superior technique. I can’t really remember.


But to summarize, I am not going to get any easy time after the finals.



I think she really hates me...^^:

No comments:

Post a Comment